Monday, October 13, 2008

Fix It

The day has finally come where I decided to wean Luke from his NUK addiction! This past Tuesday I decided to gather all of his nuks and cut the tips off of them. I have heard/ read that this is a successful and least painful way to break the nuk habit.

Well, Tuesday morning rolled around and when he woke up came downstairs and wanted his nuk...I gave the cut one to him. He put it in his mouth, decided something was wrong - he then turned it upside down while still in his mouth and decided that wasn't right either, took it out looked at it and threw it on the ground in pure disgust! He cried/ asked for another nuk (anack as he calls it) I gave that to him, he repeated the process and threw that one down too. He looked at me totally confused and I told him his nuk was broken. So he picked one of the nuks up walked over to his tool bench, picked up his pretend drill put the nuk right up to the drill and turned the drill on and said "fix it!"

It hasn't even been a week and I am happy to say that we are nuk free!!!! Almost no tears were shed and very little sleep, if any, was lost! Hooray! If only I had known months ago that it would be this easy....